The school is a basic training course for activists and environmental experts on the protection of the right to a favorable environment and nature as such. It allows gaining comprehensive knowledge and a practical set of tools to work with the changes in legislation, changes in its practical application, and changes in the public attitude to the problem.
What is our Advocacy school about?
This is a basic training course for activists and experts in the protection of the rights of interests to a favorable environment and nature itself. It will allow you to get comprehensive knowledge and practical set of tools to work with changes at the level of legislation, changes in the practice of its application and changes in the public attitude to the problem.
As part of this program, we combine the experience of environmental advocates and share successful practices. Bahna is a recognized experienced and effective facilitator of public participation processes in making environmentally significant decisions, formulating environmental policies and implementing state policies.
For whom we’re making this training course?
Environmental experts, environmental activists, environmental lawyers and public figures.
February – December 2019
Volha Kaskevich, an expert in nature conservation and advocacy practices
Kanstantin Chikalau, an expert in nature conservation and working with local communities
A two-day training for a group of 10-15 people
Participants are expected:
- to have an issue/environmental case that you are planning to work on;
- to have a working experience in an environmental organization or initiative;
- to represent a team that is willing to work on the implementation of the advocacy case which will be developed during the course;
- to provide a letter of endorsement from your organization or initiative. The letter of endorsement should be sent to Bahna.email@example.com on January 30 2019, at the latest.
Under the training, we focus on the following topics:
- How to tell a story that captivates
- Basic recommendations for working with public campaigns (from strategy to the lifecycle of the campaign)
- Information visualization and media literacy
- Investigation in environmental cases
- Best practices, exchange of experience
At the end of the offline and online part of the course, you will have a developed strategy of your awareness-raising or public campaign with specifically tailored effective tools; a plan of effective communication with target audiences, the elaborated indicators of increased social engagement; as well as the exchange of experience and best-practice approaches with your colleagues. The course uses real-life examples of Bahna’s advocacy cases.
We are planning to design a brochure on the planning and carrying out public campaigns for 2018-2019